5 things to consider when using social media
Are you feeling like there’s a lot of pressure for your business to be all over social media? You do it but you’re not really clear what impact it’s having or why you’re even doing it…you may even be paying thousands of dollars a month for a professional to do it for you. Each month you see reports – number of followers, impressions, likes, shares and comments…but it means nothing to you.
You’re not alone.
It’s really easy to get caught up in the excitement of social media and the pressure to be seen using it but at the end of the day, if your social media doesn’t translate into sales and leads, then it’s not helping your business. And if it’s diverting your time and focus (and $$) way from other more important tasks, it may even be hurting your business!
5 things to consider when using social media for your business:
- Are you on the right platforms? You should be where your target market is hanging out online and engaging with your type of business
- Are you clear on your purpose for using each platform? For example, you could be using one for brand awareness and to build trust, another to build a community and another for lead generation
- Are you familiar with how each platform works? How to use the application, what type of content is most effective, when to post etc.
- Do you know what content will best connect with your target audience?
- Do you know the platform well enough to get maximum engagement for minimum effort?
Before using social media for your business it’s important to know why you’re doing it and how to get the best results. We recommend creating a simple Social Media Strategy to use as a foundation. We also know that learning how to use each platform effectively will save you time, effort and money in the long run. Working through the above is a really good place to start.
And if you decide you need some expert help, reach out.